Top 5 Whistler wedding locations for your pictures – Whister wedding photography
We all have a list of favourite places to hang around. As a Whistler wedding photographer, I have been documenting weddings and families lives in the valley for more than a decade. After while you learn than some locations works better than others. In this post I will talk about my favourite locations to photograph the wedding couples.
1. Rainbow Park – This popular park at Alta Lake has it all: a sandy beach, old cabins,little wooden bridge, charming dock and amazing mountain views and even railway tracks. The only downside of this park is that it really get’s busy on sunny weekends during summer so I usually suggest this location in other seasons. The options are endless and it is easy to get carried away and shoot for hours.
2. Nita Lake Lodge – Is located a 5 minute drive from Whistler village and only 500 meters from the base of Whistler Mountain and the Creekside gondola. It is more private and even during weekends you can find quiet place for the pictures. With Nita lake, valley trail, train station, nearby park and great building architecture this location offers great photography on either sunny or rainy day.
3. Nicklaus North – From the shores of glacier fed Green Lake, to the elegance of fireplace lounge or restaurant, to expansive patio overlooking an extraordinary Whistler mountain panorama – couples have an array beautiful choices for ceremonies, photo shoots and receptions – indoors or outdoors.
4. Mountain Top – you can’t beat the alpine views from top of the Whistler mountain. It might be busy with tourists hiking or skiing around you, however once we move away from Roundhouse Lodge you are surrounded by mountain peaks and alpine flowers in summer or snow covered trees in winter.
5. Whistler village – What’s so special about the Village? The atmosphere and the vibe you can feel anytime you walk the Stroll. While the main stroll is usually busy, there are small parks close by to offer privacy during the shoot.