Whistler activities in between the seasons.
Spring season is here and Blackcomb mountain is closing in couple of days. It’s time to switch the gear and get ready for summer. Lot’s of locals take a break and leave for a quick vacation. If you are staying around or visiting during slow season there are still plenty of activities you can do. The deals on accommodation and dining already started and we will see more of them poping up in a week or two.
Here are my top picks:
1. Spring skiing – Whistler Mountain stays open until May 18th, so take advantage of the longer days and head up the mountain for some spring skiing and riding or just for the food with great views.
2. Biking in valley – While Whistler bike park remains closed until mid May, the trails in Whister valley are in prime conditions. It doesn’t matter if you are a begginer or a pro, the options are endless!
3. Golf – If you love golfing, than this is the season for you! The golf courses are opening early due to lack of snow in the valley and there are ton’s of deals for early season golfing.
4. Apres – No matter what activity you decide to do, you should finish it in Whistler style. Choose a sunny patio in the village or Creekside and enjoy the cold beverages.
5. Go fest – an outdoor festival for anyone to get involved in during May long weekend. For more information check http://www.greatoutdoorsfest.com/